We are glad you’ve dropped in.
Relationships are difficult. Change is hard – whether it is a separation or divorce, there is a mountain of emotional turmoil to work through and significant decisions to be made. We get it. We are here for you.
At Compass Mediation, we do things differently. We are here to help families who are facing transition to preserve their relationships, financial assets, and their dignity.
Contact us today to book a complimentary 15-minute phone consultation.
Let us help your family find its most agreeable direction.
What is Mediation ?
Mediation is the process whereby a neutral third-party professional facilitates discussions between disputing parties to arrive at a solution for a legal problem.
Why Mediation ?
Mediation is at least much less expensive than litigation, quicker and less traumatic for all parties involved. Mediation is always voluntary for the parties and they can leave the negotiations at any time should they wish.
Advantages of Mediation:
- It is voluntary
- Joint decisions are made regarding the division of assets, children, contact and care & maintenance
- Expensive litigation is avoided
- Emotional stress of divorce or separation is minimized
- Conflict is reduced by the parties working together
- Mediators are not attorneys. We do not represent one party at the cost (financial, emotional or even mental wellbeing) of the other. We assist both parties in working together to reach a solution.
Mediation is a form of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) which aims to settle disputes between parties without heading to the court. Parties in dispute often incur substantial legal costs when litigating and this process can last years. With Mediation, parties incur a fraction of the cost by having a qualified, neutral third party facilitate their discussion and ultimately have their disputes resolved in a fraction of the time.
Compass Mediation specialises in Family Law mediation and can assist you in speeding up your Divorce, constructing a Parenting Plan, assisting with Maintenance and Arrears Maintenance calculations and Section 22 Applications.